The 30th of June was the last date for extending the Transition period for Brexit. The BBC failed entirely to mention it on its nightly news coverage. Since there is no agreement for an extended Transition by 1st July the UK will finally fully leave the EU by January 2021.
The Irish Election ended with Sinn Fein having 37 seats Fianna Fail 38 seats and Fine Gael 34 seats. The other parties had the following seats: Greens (12), Labour (6), Social Democrats (6). Sinn Fein had gained 15 seats which was a massive increase. Sinn Fein’s policy is to work for Irish Union – see Time for Irish Unity. How did the BBC report this? As a victory for the hastily created Fianna Fail and Fine Gael Coalition. No mention or discussion of the threat posed to the UK from Sinn Fein being the Irish Opposition Party.
We need to turn to an impartial country such as India for a straightforward account of George Floyd’s history. In the account given by an Indian foreign affairs source “The Great Game India” it lists:
- George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
- On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
- He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
- Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
- George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
- He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
- Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
- He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
- Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
- He had another stint for a theft in August 1998.
The policeman was clearly wrong for killing Floyd but Floyd is an unlikely hero. The BBC has said that Floyd had a criminal record but has never detailed the extent of that record and has played down the fact that he worked as a bouncer. According to the records Floyd was not the kindest of people:
Floyd ‘forced his way inside the residence, placed a pistol against the complainant’s abdomen, and forced her into the living room area of the residence.
‘This large suspect then proceeded to search the residence while another armed suspect guarded the complainant, who was struck in the head and sides by this second armed suspect with his pistol while she screamed for help.’
Should we be worried that the BBC has failed to describe the man at the centre of Black Lives Matter? It is almost as if they do not trust us to form an opinion based on the full facts.
The BBC has also entirely suppressed the extent of racism in the EU. Racism in the EU is almost as bad as in the USA but we have not heard one word about this from the BBC. Yesterday there was a ten minute article on the current French mayoral elections without any mention at all of National Rally (Le Pen’s party) which is likely to win the large area of Perpignan. If the BBC were truly anti-racist and not playing a vicious indoctrination game on the UK population we would expect some coverage of EU racism and racist movements.
The important point here is not that racism is a non-issue or that the Irish will undermine NI. It is that the UK Broadcasters are worse than any fake news source because they select and suppress the news to favour their viewpoint.
What is the UK Broadcaster’s viewpoint? They clearly want to stir up unrest on a racist/anti-racist axis. They are clearly pro-EU and being pro Sinn Fein is being pro-EU. They are pro-EU, pro-China and pro-Big Business, which nowadays amounts to the same thing given the penetration of global industry by China and China’s Sovereign Wealth Fund. They are implacably anti-British.
This post was originally published by the author on his personal blog: https://pol-check.blogspot.com/2020/06/bbc-news-omission-this-week-sinn-fein.html