The other day when Margaret Ferrier travelled up and down the country as if she had the intention of going down in history as Covid Maggie, I began thinking about scandals involving SNP politicians. How many have there been. I’ve lost count.
- Derek Mackaysending text messages to a sixteen-year-old boy telling him he was really cute.
- Mhairi Blackbringing a drag queen called Flowjob to a primary school.
3. Derek Mackay spending £230 million on ferries that were not built
- John Swinneyoverseeing an exam fiasco leading to marks being inflated
- John Swinneybeing responsible for teaching primary school children about anal sex, rimming and pornography.
- Natalie McGarryresigned the SNP whip because of fraud offences relating to the Women for Independence group. She pleaded guilty was convicted and jailed, but later had the conviction quashed. She still faces trial for embezzlement.
- SNPcoverup over the Covid outbreak connected with Nike in Edinburgh
- SNPGovernment involved in clinical waste storage scandal
- SNPMPs Chris Law, Ian Blackford and Brendan O’Hara had expenses claims totally £760,000 from the UK Parliament. They were the three with the highest claims out of all MPs.
- Ian Blackfordmade a 600 mile trip to Skye while complaining about Dominic Cummings making a trip to Durham.
- Scottish businessescomplain that they don’t get as much in furlough as colleagues in other parts of the UK
- SNPhave been criticised for failing to pass on money received to help Scottish businesses.
- Proportionallymore elderly Scots died in care homes than anywhere else in UK due to SNP incompetence when it sent sick elderly people from hospitals to care homes. The report looking at this action has been delayed
- Studentswere unnecessarily sent back to campuses across Scotland leading to an increase in Covid cases plus students being imprisoned in their halls of residence.
- Mark John KerrSNP member of North Lanarkshire Council was charged with sexual abuse.
- Ian Blackfordmade an 88-mile round trip at the height of lockdown to visit Broadford hospital. He wasn’t ill and didn’t need to go.
- Peter Murrellalthough SNP chief executive knows nothing about what the leader of the SNP says or does nor what goes on in his own house. Sturgeon know just as little about him.
- SNPclaimed EU left a light on for Scotland, but it was the SNP that paid for the stunt
- Linda FabianiSNP MSP telling Linda Evans “I am afraid that I am becoming uncomfortable” with questions and answers at the Salmond Inquiry.
- SNPspent 9 million on laptops for needy school children, but didn’t give them out.
- SNPappointed Chief Medical Officer for Scotland Catherine Calderwood visited her second home despite telling everyone else not to do so.
- SNPhad plans to suspend jury trials during Covid until an outcry made them change their minds
- Neale Hanveysuspended by SNP for using anti-Semitic language later readmitted
- Aberdeenlocked down in August, but Glasgow not locked down later despite having many more cases.
- Angus Robertsonlooking forward to the death of elderly No voters. Not a good look when the SNP are responsible for care homes.
- Nicola Sturgeon’s perfect hair that we are supposed to believe she did all by herself even the back
- Steven BonnarSNP MP charged over a street disturbance
- Aspreadsheeterror delayed the opening of Edinburgh’s Sick Kids hospital. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Glasgow was also affected by SNP incompetence in running healthcare in Scotland.
- SNPare not much better at building bridges as Queensferry crossing is closed because of falling ice shards.
- John Masoncompared IRA murderers to ANC freedom fighters.
- John Masonrefuses to represent unionists.
- Alyn SmithSNP MP tells people they are on an SNP naughty step database.
- Alex WilsonSNP councillor got together with his wife when he was twenty and she was thirteen.
- Angus MacNeilcharged the taxpayer for the cost of his hotel when entertaining his mistress
- Angus MacNeilhad three in a bed sex with 17 and 18 year old girls
- Stuart Hosiestepped down after revelations about his extra marital affair
- There is rumoured to be a super injunction taken out by a senior SNP politician about something we are not allowed to talk about.
- Scotlandkeeps falling down the world’s educational league tables
- Mark MacDonaldSNP MSP suspended by party after admitting his inappropriate behaviour caused a woman considerable distress
- Frank AndersonSNP councillor suspended for sharing an anti-Semitic blog
- Michelle Thomsonwithdrew herself from the SNP whip over police investigations into fraud. The case was later dropped.
- KennyMaclaren SNP councillor suspended for book burning.
- Former SNP MPTasmina Ahmed-Sheikhwas found guilty of professional misconduct and fined £3000.
- Lewis RitchieSNP councillor suspended over an alleged fracas at the SNP party conference
- Donnie Kerr SNP councillor suspended for describing a colleague as a “stupid bitch” during a meeting.
- Alex Salmondaccused of sexual assault and attempted rape. He was acquitted. He did admit to having consensual sex.
- Alex Salmondaccused of bullying members of staff.
- There wasallegedly a policy of not allowing female workers to be alone with Alex Salmond.
- Nicola Sturgeonhas been accused of failing to cooperate with the Salmond inquiry. Is this because there is something damaging about what she knew during the independence referendum in 2014 or is it for another reason?
- Peter Murrellhas been accused of obstructing the Salmond inquiry. What is he trying to hide? Why does he need a law firm to help him keep his secrets?
The SNP has a terrible record of mismanagement and scandal. The campaign for independence has let into public life people who are completely unsuited to it.
The SNP is extremely secretive. It has turned Scotland into a place in which the press dare not investigate and women are not believed if they complain about senior SNP politicians.
There are important facts about senior SNP figures that are unknown. What did they know about Alex Salmond’s behaviour during the independence referendum. Did anyone in the SNP attempt to cover up the story then. Did the press know about it? If so why did it keep silent. If a story as big as the First Minister’s misbehaviour can be kept secret for years, what other stories were not told?How many more scandals have yet to come to light? How many never will?
This list is long. Thank you to everyone who helped me compile it by commenting so helpfully on Twitter. But what we must all remember is this. The list of shame is going to get ever longer until Scottish voters kick the SNP out.
This post was originally published by the author on her personal blog: https://www.effiedeans.com/2020/10/the-snp-hall-of-shame.html